What is East Coast Stamina?
East Coast Stamina (ECS) is a high level competition centered around a selection of the most difficult custom content available for In The Groove, a four-panel dance simulation game along the lines of Dance Dance Revolution. It has been an annual tournament since September 2011, eventually becoming a biannual event starting with ECS2.5.
When/where is it happening?
East Coast Stamina 7 will be held September 28-30th at the Harrisburg East Mall (3501 Paxton St, Harrisburg, PA 17111).
What is the format?
Historically, the tournament has generally consisted of a "marathon" (a mix of songs usually roughly an hour in length), and then a timed set where players could choose songs from a preselected list, where the songs are assigned point values based on their difficulty in addition to the scores the players obtain on them. ECS4.5, ECS 5.5 and ECS6.5 have added team play as an aspect of the format, but the mainline ECS tournaments-- 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 and the upcoming ECS7-- have all focused on one individual competing against the other entrants to achieve the highest score possible on the marathon, and also to gain as many points as possible in the timed set.
More information on the format is available here:
Who are the competitors this year?
The competitors for East Coast Stamina 7 were the top 16 ranked players that are able to attend from the Stamina RPG 2 qualifiers that took place from May 14th to September 2nd of 2018:
- CardboardBox / Anthony (Canada)
- Aoreo / Jim (Canada)
- nico / Ian B (United States)
- JDongs / Jared (United States)
- Levitass / Kieran (Canada)
- ITGAlex / Alex (United States)
- krushrpants / Bryan (United States)
- Rawinput / Mike (United States)
- 2PercentMilk / Amy (United States)
- Arvin / Arvin (Canada)
- Dingoshi / Adiono (Australia)
- SteveReen / Steve (United States)
- lil_beastling / Kevin (Australia)
- Archi / Ian P (United States)
- Okami / Pierrick (France)
- hippaheikki / Markus (Finland)
Can I compete remotely?
Remote competition will not be officially ranked or supported this year, but feel free to download the pack and the practice sheet if you're interested: