The year is 3 ABP. In the past months, the Stamina Nation has been rocked by crisis. Archi, the Godfather
of Stamina, remains missing. In his absence, Raevous Archengrove and Invalid Draoineach-- beings of unknown
origin-- assailed the populace. In the wake of those events, the leadership of the Stamina Corps have called for all hands on deck, hoping
that the staminadventurers of the realm could help them pick up the pieces and get to the bottom
of what happened. With things at a breaking point, they face an uphill battle to save their country.
Stamina RPG 3 is an online competition for In The Groove 2 that, in addition to being a
tournament in its own right, serves as the qualifier for ECS8 and Eurocup. Difficulties range
from 11-footers to songs so challenging that almost no one can pass them. To participate, you must
register on Groovestats first. Once you've done that and you've downloaded the songs for the event,
after logging in, you can go to the Your Scores page to view
your current status and enter in any new passes.
Using Stepmania 5 and the newest version of the Simply Love theme is HIGHLY recommended. It adds
support for scanning QR codes, which will greatly simplify the process of entering scores for you.
The newest version is here. All you need to do is switch to that theme on SM5 and download a QR scanning app on your phone. After
each song, a QR code will display on one of the panes on the results screen, and you can scan that to
automatically enter your pass along with the score and rate mod.
If you choose to enter scores manually, you now have the ability to enter your score percentage and
rate mod in addition to updating your pass to indicate you cleared the song. Your score and rate mod
do not have to come from the same attempt on the song-- you're intended to track your best of each (so
if you play a song at 1.0x rate and get a 90 and then play it at 1.1x rate and get an 80, you would
enter 1.1x for your rate and 90% for your score). Increasing your rate mod increases the EXP yielded
by the pass, while increasing your score increases the amount of Gold-- a new feature of SRPG3-- that is
obtained by clearing the song. Gold can be exchanged for relics in the Border Shop,
and the top 4 in the ranking for Lifetime Gold will, alongside the top 4 in the ranking for EXP, win cash
In addition to Gold and EXP, you will gain Skill Points towards specific BPM ranges for each song you
pass (which impact ECS8 in addition to being involved in certain quests). Most importantly, Tournament Points
(based purely off the difficulty of the pass) and Length Points (new for SRPG3, based off the length and
difficulty of the chart) will determine your qualifying rank for ECS8. Only your ten best passes count towards your
qualifying rank for TP and only your five best passes count towards your qualifying rank for LP. Score and rate
do not matter for TP or LP and the top 24 that get to compete in the upper division will be based on the rank for
their combined values.
You can view the current rankings by going to the Ranking
page. The Quests page will provide a log of quests that
participants can undertake for rewards, and hints on how to complete them-- you may also view a
list of Relics that are available as prizes for the quests.
These relics will be usable in ECS8, in both the lower and upper divisions.
There are a few rules to note:
- Fail scores DO NOT count, regardless of how good the score is or isn't. Do not submit anything that is not a pass.
- Backing out of a song does not count as passing a song. Do not submit passes where you backed out of the song in a break/etc.
- Bracketing/mashing is strictly prohibited for any songs in the qualifier.
- You may play with way offs/decents disabled, but these will be enabled for the actual tournament.
- You must play on the normal judge and lifebar settings for ITG (Judge and Life difficulty 4). If you're playing on the Simply Love theme on SM5, you'll need to ensure that you're using a version that has accurate life mechanics ('Competitive Mode' handles that on the most recent versions).
- No scores obtained prior to 05/20/2019 will be accepted.
- Make sure that you have screenshots of every score you manually enter (if you submit via QR scanning, that's sufficient validation). If a pass is questioned and you can't provide a screenshot, you'll lose credit for it. I reserve the right to request video proof of play if you're not already an established player (though that would only likely happen if you manage to qualify for ECS8).
- Rate mods below 1.0x rate are not acceptable.
The 24 players WORLDWIDE who have earned the highest total TP + LP by August 4th at 11:59 PM EST are invited to compete in the upper division for East Coast Stamina 8.
The top 40 EUROPEAN players who have earned the highest total TP + LP by July 14th at 23:59 CEST are invited to compete in the Eurocup 2019 Endurance division (More info can be found here).
Prizes will be awarded to the top 4 players who have accrued the highest total EXP by September 2nd at 11:59 PM EST:
- 1st Place EXP: $400 USD
- 2nd Place EXP: $200 USD
- 3rd Place EXP: $100 USD
- 4th Place EXP: $50 USD
Prizes will also be awarded to the top 4 players who have accrued the highest total Lifetime Gold by September 2nd at 11:59 PM EST:
- 1st Place Lifetime Gold: $400 USD
- 2nd Place Lifetime Gold: $200 USD
- 3rd Place Lifetime Gold: $100 USD
- 4th Place Lifetime Gold: $50 USD
I'd like to give a special thanks to the following individuals who helped to make Stamina RPG 3 a reality-- something I
absolutely could not have done by myself this year. Everyone on this list either created content specifically for SRPG3 or
contributed it at my request (though this list doesn't cover the full spectrum of people who have content featured in the pack):
- Pluto (Logo art, ??????)
- CardboardBox (Bulk .sm update code, ??????)
- Evocait (Shop art, ??????)
- EmbraceOfDestiny (Relic art)
- dbk2 (Groovestats QR theme integration) also thanks for making an SM5 theme so good that it literally has caused the majority of the community to switch to SM5
- Teejusb (Groovestats QR theme integration)
- Rems (Charts, ??????)
- ITGAlex (Charts, ??????)
- Zaia (Charts)
- StoryTime (Charts)
- Okami (Charts)
- Arvin (Charts)
- @@ (Charts)
- Aoreo (Charts)
- Kyy (Charts)
- Hsarus (Charts)
- StarrySergal (Charts)
- levitass (Charts)
- Rust (Charts)
- Dingoshi (Charts)
- ZoG- (Charts)
...and thanks to everyone who has been a part of what has become a truly global stamina
community. You've given my life purpose. Thank you all for continuing to participate in my events.